This no bake lemon pie has a creamy lemon filling that is made with just 3 ingredients. This pie doesn’t require any baking or cooking. This easy pie can be made ahead of time and is great for serving at summer gatherings and events.
I love making no bake pies in the summer. I can avoid turning on my oven and the pies are best served cold, which makes them a refreshing dessert. This no bake lemon pie is a classic recipe and one my family really enjoys.
- Cream cheese
- Condensed milk
- Graham cracker pie crust
Lemons: This recipe uses fresh lemon juice. Not only does the lemon juice add lemon flavor but it also helps the pie filling set without needing to cook it.
Cream Cheese: Make sure to use full fat cream cheese. Cream cheese makes this filling extra creamy and tangy. The filling tastes almost like cheesecake.
Condensed Milk: This recipe uses full fat sweetened condensed milk. Condensed milk helps make the filling creamy and provides sweetness.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust: The pie filling is added to a premade 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
No Bake Lemon Pie/Lemon Icebox Pie
The pie filling is made with 3 ingredients which is why this pie is often referred to as a 3 Ingredient Lemon Pie.
This is an old-fashioned recipe with many names and a few variations. I’ve also seen it referred to as No Bake Lemon Icebox Pie. There exist 2 main variations. One version has a filling that is only 2 ingredients. The filling is like a lemon custard. It is very nice but also very sweet. My family prefers this 3 ingredient filling version because the cream cheese makes the filling a little less sweet and more like a lemon cheesecake filling.
How to Make Lemon Pie
The cream cheese is beaten until light and fluffy. It is then mixed with the condensed milk and lemon juice. The filling is then ready to be poured into the premade pie crust. Place it into the fridge for a few hours or overnight until set. Keep the pie chilled until it is ready to be served.
More No Bake Pie Recipes
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Pie
- 2 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake Pie
3 Ingredient No Bake Lemon pie
- 8 oz (227 g) full fat cream cheese brought to room temperature
- 14 oz (397 g) full fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) lemon juice
- 1 9-inch premade graham cracker pie crust
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl a few times as needed to make sure all the cream cheese gets beaten.
- Pour in the condensed milk. Beat until mixture is smooth. Add in the lemon juice. Mix at low speed until completely and evenly incorporated.
- Pour lemon pie filling into the graham cracker pie crust. Use a spatula to smooth and even out the surface. Place pie into fridge for several hours to set. I like to refrigerate overnight. Keep pie in the fridge until ready to serve. If you want to decorate the pie, wait for the filling to set and then decorate. Then place pie back into fridge until ready to serve.
- This pie is best made the night before so that it has enough time to set. It can also be made 2-3 days ahead of time.
- 14 oz of condensed milk refers to weight, not volume. Condensed milk is usually sold in 14 oz cans so you will need one (14 oz) can for this recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese refers to weight. One block of cream cheese is usually 8 oz so you will need one (8 oz) block.
- The pie filling may feel very soft when you cut into it but it should hold its form. It's a very creamy filling.
- If desired, you can also add some lemon zest to the filling.
- I added whipped cream on top for decoration.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.