This easy Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is just four ingredients and gluten free. It’s soft and fluffy like a traditional cake even though it doesn’t have any flour!
Last year I shared my 3 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Mug Cake recipe. I’ve received so much positive feedback that always put a smile on my face. Sometimes, people share other things they add to it and it’s always fun to hear the variations. Several people mentioned adding chocolate chips, which gave me the idea to try doing a chocolate version.
With just four ingredients, you can have a chocolate peanut buttery treat in just minutes. I also drizzled my with some chocolate fudge to dress up the cake a little.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter (see note)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- Add all ingredients into an oversized, microwave-safe mug (the one in the photo is a 10 oz mug). Using a mini whisk, mix batter until it is smooth and egg is fully whisked in. I highly recommend using a whisk so that you can easily beat the egg fully into the batter.
- Microwave cake for about 1 minute at full power. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating. The cake itself is not overly sweet so if you prefer something sweeter, I recommend you drizzle some chocolate sauce on top before eating.
- I recommend sticking to a regular processed peanut butter rather than using natural and/or unsweetened.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I don’t yet have a recipe video for this recipe, but you can view my latest mug cake recipe videos below