This easy peanut butter cake doesn’t require any flour, butter, milk or oil, but you won’t be able to tell. The cake has a texture just like regular cake. The batter takes only a few minutes to prepare. It’s a quick and easy recipe when you are craving cake.
This is a nice easy snack cake. The batter can easily be mixed by hand and in one bowl. It’s ready to go in the oven in just a few minutes. It tastes great on its own but you can also serve it with fresh fruit and some powdered sugar.
- Peanut Butter
- Baking Powder
Peanut Butter: I used unsweetened natural peanut butter. Unsweetened works better for this recipe because different brands of peanut butter have different amounts of sugar in their peanut butter, which makes it difficult to figure out the correct amount of sugar to add to the recipe and adding too much or too little can affect the cake. By using unsweetened peanut butter, you control exactly how much sugar goes into the cake. I think this recipe may work with regular unsweetened peanut butter but I have not tested it with regular peanut butter.
Eggs: Eggs are used to create the structure for this cake.
Sugar: This cake is made with regular granulated white sugar. The sugar adds sweetness to the cake and moisture.
Baking Powder: Baking powder is used to help the cake rise.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cake
This is a very easy one bowl recipe. You don’t even need an electric mixer (though you can use one). Simply combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until the batter is smooth and uniform in color. Then the batter is ready to be poured into your cake pan and go into the oven.
Peanut Butter Cake Texture
This cake has a slightly tougher crumb than your typical cake. It is more like the texture of a tea cake or snack cake. I wouldn’t use it to make cupcakes or layered cakes. The cake also bakes up with a little bump in the middle. I leveled off the top with a knife so that the cake would look more even, but you can leave it as is– it will just have a more rustic appearance.
More Easy Cakes to Try
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cake
- 1/2 cup (128 g) unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tbsp (74 g) granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease the interior of a 6 inch round cake pan.
- Add peanut butter, egg, sugar and baking powder to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until batter is smooth and uniform in color and no egg streaks remain.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool fully in pan before cutting and serving. The middle of the cake may have a bump higher than the rest of the cake. If that happens, you can level your cake with a knife before decorating or just leave it for a more rustic appearance. Cake can be decorated with powdered sugar before serving or other frosting of your choice.
- This cake has a slightly denser crumb, so it is more like a snack cake or breakfast cake. I wouldn't use it for a layered cake but it's great as a single layer cake served with tea or coffee or fresh fruit.
- The cake is lightly sweetened. If you prefer very sweet desserts, you can always add a sweet frosting on top.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.