I’m often craving muffins, but I’m usually too lazy to go through the whole process of making them just to satisfy a craving for a single muffin. But recently I came up with this ridiculously easy recipe. Even at my laziest moment, I have enough energy to make these.
Not only are they easy, they taste delicious. Fluffy, light, pumpkiny.
The recipe is a play on my 3 ingredient pumpkin cake recipe. But I replaced the cake flour with all purpose and added some pumpkin puree to keep the batter moist and fluffy. Next time you’re craving a muffin, I highly recommend you giving this one a try.
4 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup packed pumpkin ice cream (see note)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar optional (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt ice cream in microwave and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add in flour, baking powder, sugar and pumpkin puree. If using vanilla ice cream, make sure to add cinnamon at this point also. Stir with mixing spoon until batter is smooth.
- Pour into muffin pan lined with cupcake liners, about 2/3 full for each one. Bake for about 15 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can also use vanilla ice cream but make sure to add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter
- The sugar is optional. I like my muffins a little sweeter, but if you don't you can reduce the amount or omit it.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.