Thank goodness it’s Friday. This week seems to have taken forever. I’m celebrating the end of the week with this amazingly easy chocolate truffle lava cake.
Chocolate truffles are decadent and rich. So you can imagine how a cake made with chocolate truffles tastes right? And ready in about 5 minutes? This may be one of my most dangerous creations yet.
It’s a variation on my beloved mug cakes. It can be made in a mug, and in fact I prepped the ingredients in a mug. You can cook it directly in a mug but if you want a fancier presentation and if you have some individual silicone cupcake molds, you can cook it in those and then flip them upside down and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
Lindt, which is often known for their truffle balls, recently released a new product: EXCELLENCE diamond collection. The collection contains individually wrapped, diamond shaped, dark chocolates. The chocolates are very creamy, reminiscent of their truffles. I decided to combine the truffle balls and the diamond chocolates to create this chocolate truffle lava cake.
The base of the cake is made with melted chocolate truffles. The center is stuffed with dark chocolate pieces which melt and become molten-like during the cooking.
Definitely give this a try.
Note: if you aren’t using a silicone molds, you can easily make this in a mug or ramekins, however I suggest you leave it in there and don’t try to remove the cake. It’s hard to remove and if you spray the cups first, it will make the cake wet and not very eye-pleasing when it’s done. The silicone molds do not need to be sprayed and the cake slip out easily, making them perfect if you need a good presentation.
Now onto the giveaway. Lindt is giving two of my lucky readers a bag of the new EXCELLENCE Diamond Collection chocolates. Contest is only open to US Residents. Contest runs until Friday September 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. I will draw two winners using random.org. To enter, leave a comment at the end of this post telling me what you’re favorite Lindt collection and/or flavor is. I’m always looking to try new items so I’m curious if there have been any I missed!
5 Minute Chocolate Truffle Lava Cake
- 3 Lindt truffle balls or about 1/4 cup of chopped truffle chocolates
- 4 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Lindt diamond dark chocolate pieces
- In a mug, combine truffles and 3 tbsp of milk (reserving 1 tbsp). Microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted. add in the flour, baking powder, sugar, and remaining milk and stir again until batter is smooth.
- Divide each chocolate diamond into 4 pieces. If just cooking in the mug, put 6 pieces into center, making sure that the batter completely covers them. Eat the remaining 2 pieces or save for another time. Microwave for 1 minute. Top of cake should be dry to the touch. Let cake cool slightly before eating.
- If cooking in small ramekins or silicone cupcake molds, divide batter into two. Add 3 pieces of chocolate to the center of each. Cook each separately for 30 seconds or until top is dry and not gooey. If using silicone molds, they should easily slide out once you turn the cakes upside down. If using ramekins, I suggest you leave in the ramekin as indicated in my note in the above post.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.