Avocado Mug Cake
This naturally green colored avocado mug cake is light, fluffy and delicious.
Spring is here, which makes me so happy. I love seeing the progress in my garden. My flowers are blooming, my blueberries already have produced a few ripened berries, and this past weekend we added a second garden bed which I filled with various heirloom tomato plants. (I will try to share some photos later.)
This cake reminds me of spring so much. I love the natural light green. I couldn’t help but devour up every single test cake. Usually I can control myself and just take a few bites of each one if I’m making several test versions, but because this is one of my favorite shades of green, I just felt the need to shove every single crumb into my mouth so they wouldn’t go to waste.
I made an avocado mug cake a few years back but I couldn’t quite get the texture I was looking for. Now with more than 100 mug cake recipes published, I decided to revisit it again and this time I finally got it right!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
P.S. If you enjoy my mug cakes, I’ve got a whole book on mug cakes!
- 2 tbsp fully mashed avocado see note
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- *Please note 2 tbsp of mashed avocado is not the same as scooping out 2 tbsp of avocado and mashing it. You need to mash your avocado first and then measure out 2 tbsp. I would start with mashing half a medium avocado. To fully mash, you will want to use very ripe avocados making them easier to mash and you want to mash until there are virtually no chunks remaining (otherwise you'll have bits of unsweetened avocado in your cake).
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
1. Add all ingredients into a microwave safe mug. To get a cake that will rise to the brim, use an 8 oz mug. You can use a bigger mug as well, it just won't rise as high. Make sure you don't use smaller than 8 oz, otherwise the cake will overflow.
2. Mix with a small whisk until a smooth batter forms. Make sure you have mashed any avocado pieces. Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute 20 seconds. Your time may vary slightly. Mine took exactly 1 minute 20 seconds on a 1000 watt microwave. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating. Cake is best consumed within a few hours of it being cooked.