This 3-ingredient Avocado Coconut Mousse is so easy to make and cool and creamy summertime dessert. I love to top it with some coconut whipped cream for a tropical twist.
I’ve made sweetened avocado desserts like my Avocado Coconut Ice Pops and No Churn Avocado Ice Cream so why not avocado mousse? Like my other avocado desserts, this mousse is so easy to make with just three simple ingredients.
How to Make Avocado Mousse
Avocados are great for mousse because they give it a really creamy texture and they pair well with a sweetener. For this recipe, I used the flesh of one large avocado.
This mousse doesn’t take much time at all because you don’t have to cook anything. All you do is blend together the avocado, tofu, and condensed milk until smooth. The condensed milk adds a little richness and sweetness.
Chill the avocado mousse in the refrigerator for several hours or until it’s set and it’s ready to serve.
The mousse is delicious as is, but I like to add a dollop of Coconut Whipped Cream for serving. The coconut flavor gives the avocado mousse a tropical twist.
Type of Tofu to Use
Much like my 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse, this recipe uses silken tofu to create the creamy base.
There are many varieties of tofu available in the supermarket such as firm, extra firm, soft, and silken. Make sure you use silken. Silken tofu has a delicate, soft, custard-like texture. When it’s pureed, it becomes a creamy, silky base that works well for dressings, sauces, puddings, etc. Other types of tofu won’t break down enough to create a creamy texture.
You might like my Nutella Mousse, too!
Avocado Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 8 oz of ripe avocado flesh about 1 large hass avocado
- 8 oz silken tofu can also use soft tofu. don't use firm as the texture is too grainy
- 4-5 tbsp of condensed milk depending on how sweet you want it
- Coconut whipped cream recipe can be found here
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend at high speed until smooth batter and no avocado chunks remain. Scoop into ramekins and refrigerate for several hours to set. Top with coconut whipped cream before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.