Replace mayonnaise with avocado for a healthier creamy potato salad full of avocado nutrients and healthy fats.
I love avocado and I recently had avocado potato salad for the first time (in Japan of all places). I really enjoyed it and knew I had to make it when I came home.
I like that it gives the whole salad a light green color. Avocado is so creamy too that I didn’t miss the mayonnaise at all.
I you love avocado you might like my Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches, too!
Avocado Potato Salad
- 2 lb potatoes washed and peeled
- 3 large avocados
- 1 small persian or kirby cucumber chopped into small 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill pot with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring water to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Slice avocados in half and remove pits. Cut avocado into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Once potatoes are done, allow them to cool. Then cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a very large bowl, add potatoes, avocados, cucumbers, cilantro. Squeeze lime juice across top. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Mix everything with a large spoon, until avocado is mostly mashed and covering potatoes. If needed, add more salt and pepper and mix until it reaches desired taste preference.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.