I made bacon cups. Yes, that’s right: bacon cups. As in, cups made entirely out of bacon.
They are as delicious as they sound. They hold up really well and only need 3 strips of bacon each. I filled the bowls/cups with some fluffy scrambled eggs and herbs.
I’ve made many breakfast cup variations before, but this is my absolute favorite. I was in the car with Mr. K and he was driving. And suddenly the idea just hit me. I blurted it out. To his credit, he didn’t even react since me spouting out random food words is not at all odd to him anymore.
I am definitely making these again soon. These would be great for a brunch party too.
- 18 slices of precooked bacon (see note)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Using a cupcake pan, take one slice of precooked bacon and line it around the interior of the cupcake mold, forming a ring. Take the second slice of bacon and fold it along the bottom of the cupcake mold, stretching it across the entire bottom (about 3 folds). Use the third slice to cover any gaps and reinforce your cup. Start by taking the bacon and lining it against one wall, down across the bottom, and up the other side wall, then break it off. Then take remaining and do the same starting in another direction, making sure to cover any other gaps.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until bacon reaches crispness desired. Carefully remove cups, placing on paper towel to drain excess oil. Fill with scrambled eggs or anything else you desire.
- I buy precooked bacon at Costco. If you can't find any, you can precook the bacon in a pan just until it's partially cooked and still flexible.
- The nutrition information is for the bacon cup only.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.