Happy March! Today I’m sharing a Baileys Irish Cream liqueur and coffee flavored mug cake.
Irish cream and coffee make such a delicious pairing. It’s my drink of choice when I have those free drink coupons on Southwest to redeem. This is like the coffee cocktail in cake form.
How was your Leap Day? I don’t know why, but I thought having an extra day would mean getting so much more done. But that didn’t happen at all. And all day, I had the urge to switch my wall calendar to March, before remembering it wasn’t March yet.
But as I finish writing this post, it is officially March and I’m quite excited. I have a lot of gardening plans that I can’t wait to start on. I’m also looking forward to longer daylight hours!
You might like my Keto Coffee Mug Cake, too.
Baileys Coffee Mug Cake
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp espresso powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 1/2 tbsp low fat or fat free milk
- 3/4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large, microwave-safe mug, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix together with a small whisk until batter is smooth and no flour chunks remain. Stir in 2 tbsp of chocolate chips. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Cook for approximately 1 minute 20 seconds. Cooking time may vary depending on microwave. Let cool for a few minutes before eating. I suggest eating it with some whipped cream or ice cream. Cake is best eaten soon after it is done cooking. If you allow it to sit for several hours, it will start to get dry.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.