Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s like banana bread wrapped into a cookie.
The idea to make these suddenly hit me after a weekend of watching girls munch on fresh bananas for energy. Of course instead of thinking healthy, my mind went to cookies…
I love banana bread and these cookies are very similar, with their soft and cakey texture.
They are also super easy to make. No mixer needed. I whisked everything in a bowl and half an hour later I had a dozen cookies cooling.
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together mashed bananas, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl . In a separate bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until combined.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Using a cookie scooper or small ice cream scoop, scoop large tablespoons full of dough and drop onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. The cookie batter will be very wet and sticky. You won't be able to handle it with your hands.
5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. Let cookies finish cooling on wire rack before eating.