Banana nutella bread
I’ve baked a lot of successful recipes with nutella on this blog, which you can view at the end of this post. There are so many different ways I enjoy eating nutella, but one of my favorites is eating nutella on toasted bread for breakfast. I’ve said many times that I’m pretty sure I could eat nutella on toast every day for breakfast and not get sick of it.
So I thought about trying to create a breakfast like nutella recipe with this banana nutella bread. This cake bread was light and moist. I did feel that the nutella flavor got a little lost despite me heaping generous tablespoons into the batter. Perhaps next time I’ll try for a nutella swirl effect. It still tastes good though, just a little light on the nutella flavor.
I’m submitting this post for World Nutella Day.
Ms Adventures in Italy and Bleeding Espresso will be hosting a round up of all the World Nutella Day recipes on their blog on Monday February 7, so if you are a nutella lover like me, be sure to check out their sites for some great recipes.
Here are some other great nutella recipes I’ve made on my blog:
Nutella Banana Bread
Yields: Two 7 x 3 inch loaves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons nutella
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease two 7×3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix in nutella. Divide into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.