This bang bang pasta is ready in about 30 minutes with a no-cook sauce that is addictive and easy to make.
A few weeks ago, I tasted bang bang sauce for the first time and I’ve been obsessed ever since. I’ve already gone through a whole bottle of sweet Thai chili sauce because I’ve made it so many times. I previously made Bang Bang Cauliflower. Now, I’m sharing my Bang Bang Chicken Pasta. The great thing about this is that you can substitute with any protein or choose none at all.
I’m still trying to figure out where bang bang sauce came from. I’ve been researching on the internet and haven’t found anything. All I know is that I really love it and am totally addicted to it right now. (Update: Reader Brittany helpfully told me it is from Bonefish Grill.)
Speaking of addictions, one addiction I’m currently trying to kick is late-night snacking. I can’t seem to stop. It’s not even that I’m hungry. I just feel the urge to snack, especially when I’m watching tv, which is part of my nightly routine. Maybe I should eat all my snacks and not let myself buy any more. But then I’ll probably just be really grumpy, like how I got really mad at Mr. K when I asked him to try to stop me from snacking. Anyone have any suggestions?
If you’ve already tried my bang bang cauliflower, this sauce isn’t quite the same. To make it more suitable for pasta, the bang bang sauce is less sweet and more spicy. It’s a few extra ingredients, but it’s still super delicious. Mr. K actually preferred the pasta version over the dipping sauce.
I tossed the pasta in the sauce first, then spooned some additional sauce on top. I love my pastas to be extra saucy.
NEVER MISS A POST!
Bang Bang Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz thin spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- chopped parsley for garnish
for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Lightly grease a saute pan and turn stove to medium high. Add garlic and cook until aroma of the garlic comes out. Add in chicken pieces and cook until chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done. Drain out water when pasta is finished.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing with a whisk until smooth. You can adjust as needed.
- Add chicken to pasta. Pour 2/3 of the sauce into the hot pasta and toss. Slightly warm the remaining sauce (in the microwave is fine). Dish out pasta onto plates and add remaining sauce on top. Garnish with parsley if desired.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.