Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is an easy meal with a no-cook pasta sauce, ready in 30 minutes or less. It’s one of my favorite things to make.
It’s been a pretty stressful week so I decided to reward myself with one of my favorite dishes. I never get sick of this bang bang sauce or this pasta dish. It’s creamy, sweet, spicy and savory all at once.
I usually make it with chicken but decided to make it with shrimp instead.
Mr. K got so excited when he saw me making this. He was hovering over me the whole time while I was trying to take a few quick photos.
Here is a video I made a long time ago for the pasta without any proteins that is also posted on my original post. Looking back at the post and video make me cringe. My video skills have gotten better since then, so hopefully I’ll get around to making an updated video. I also have a skinny bang bang pasta you might like, too.
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz thick spaghetti
- 1/2 lb shrimp deveined and peeled
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- chopped parsley for garnish
for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 -1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Fill a large pot with water to boil pasta. Bring water to a boil and add spaghetti. Cook until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, add oil to a large skillet and bring to medium high heat. When oil is hot, add in shrimp. Cook shrimp until done, flipping over occasionally to make sure both sides are cooked.
- To make sauce, combine all sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix with a whisk until smooth. You can adjust as needed. I prefer mine to be on the spicy side, so I added a full tbsp of sriracha sauce.
- Add pasta to skillet with the shrimp and pour sauce over top. Toss shrimp and pasta in sauce. Garnish with parsley before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.