- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp brewed espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 oz extra-bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an stand mixer, whip the eggs to break them up. Add the sugar, espresso, and vanilla and beat on high speed for 15 minutes, until thickened.
- While the eggs are whipping, melt the butter and the bittersweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate together and stir until smooth. You can do this using a double boiler method on the stove or in the microwave. If using the microwave, warm the butter and chocolate for 30 second increments until melted.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until partially combined. Forld the dry ingredients into the egg and chocolate mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. If the batter is very runny, let it rest until it thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets and bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes or until they are puffed and cracked on top. Cool on a wire rack before removing from the baking sheets.
Recipe source: Epicurious