These soft-batch flourless almond butter cookies have a touch of cocoa powder to give them a chocolate almond flavor.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I was definitely looking forward to the three day weekend so that I could recharge. I wish we were able to have a three day weekend once a month. Obviously if we had them all the time then we’d just fill up that day with activities. But it’s nice to have that extra day every once in a while, so that you can just rest and reset. Which is definitely what I did this weekend, along with doing some lazy weekend baking.
Last month I shared my recipe for flourless almond butter cookies. I still can’t get over how good those chewy cookies are. So I’ve been experimenting some more. I’ve been trying out different almond butter brands, figuring the best ones for baking, and trying out different recipes.
These cookies are soft rather than chewy. They are a little delicate because they are flourless, but they are still tasty and easy to make.
Looking for more chocolate cookies? You might like my Brownie Cookies, too!
Flourless Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (see note)
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl and mix with a large spoon or spatula until smooth batter forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out generous 1 tbsp dough balls onto baking sheet, spacing balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies about 12 minutes or until cookies look completely cooked. Cookies will initially be puffy. Let cookies cool on sheets. As they cool, they will flatten. Wait for cookies to cool before removing from baking sheets.
- I used Jif brand for my almond butter. Please note cookies may differ in consistency with other brands. After testing several brands, I found Jif had the best consistency
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.