These flourless almond butter cookies are gluten-free and easy to make with one bowl and spoon. You only need five ingredients to make them. They look and taste like chocolate chip cookies with a hint of almond flavor.
These flourless almond butter cookies are ultra chewy and just five ingredients. Even though they are flourless and gluten-free, they taste just like regular, thin and chewy chocolate chip cookies with a hint of almond.
I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to make these. I’ve been missing out! I love thin and chewy cookies and these definitely deliver.
I also love that it’s a one-bowl cookie recipe. You don’t need a mixer – you can mix the dough with a spoon for fewer dishes and less clean-up. Mr. K. appreciates it because he always says dirty dishes are like weeds – just when you think you’re done another one pops up. Especially when I bake and cook! So, there are several reasons to give this recipe a try.
These have been on my to-do list ever since I tried a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe nearly three years ago. I like the use of almond butter even more because of the chewy texture and mild almond flavor.
The almond butter takes the place of butter in these cookies and you only need a few other ingredients to make them:
- Creamy almond butter – I like Jif brand
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
This is such an easy recipe – just mix the almond butter, sugar, egg, and baking soda in a bowl. Once you have a smooth batter, stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto a prepared baking sheet spacing each two inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F or until the cookies are set and the edges are golden.
When you take them out of the oven, the cookies will be puffy. As they cool, they will flatten and set.
They are delicate when hot, so wait for them to cool on the sheet before removing them.
Once they are completely cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep well for a few days.
If you didn’t already know, you wouldn’t think these are flourless and butterless cookies. They are definitely easier to make than classic chocolate chip cookies and have a similar texture and flavor. There’s just a hint of almond which I think enhances the flavor.
More Easy Flourless Cookies
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter I used Jif brand; please note cookies may differ in consistency with other brands. After testing several brands, I found Jif had the best consistency
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Add first four ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with a large spoon or spatula until smooth batter forms. Stir in chocolate. Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out generous 1 tbsp dough balls onto baking sheet, spacing balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies about 10-12 minutes until middle is set and edges are a light brown. Cookies will initially be puffy. Let cookies cool on sheets. As they cool, they will flatten. Wait for cookies to cool before removing from baking sheets.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.