These flourless gluten-free cookies are ultra chewy and just five ingredients. Even though they are flourless, they taste just like regular, thin and chewy chocolate chip cookies with a hint of almond.
I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to make these. I’ve been missing out! I love thin and chewy cookies and these definitely deliver.
I realized something this weekend as I was making these cookies and Mr. K was working in the garden. Unwashed dishes are like weeds. Every time you think you’re done, more pop up. We are always endlessly washing dishes. Mr. K jokes that I need an assistant whose sole job is to wash all the dishes from the messes I create when I cook or bake. That actually is a really nice idea because cleaning up is definitely my least favorite part.
Luckily, these cookies don’t require quite as much clean up. Everything is mixed in one bowl, with a spoon.
These have been on my to-do list ever since I tried a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe nearly three years ago. I like the use of almond butter even more because of the chewy texture and mild almond flavor.
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter I used Jif brand; please note cookies may differ in consistency with other brands. After testing several brands, I found Jif had the best consistency
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Add first four ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with a large spoon or spatula until smooth batter forms. Stir in chocolate. Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out generous 1 tbsp dough balls onto baking sheet, spacing balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies about 10-12 minutes until middle is set and edges are a light brown. Cookies will initially be puffy. Let cookies cool on sheets. As they cool, they will flatten. Wait for cookies to cool before removing from baking sheets.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.