This keto cauliflower crust has a texture very much like regular pizza crust. It’s crispy with a chewy texture similar to a thin-crust pizza. It’s delicious without all the guilt.
Two years ago, I read posts of people raving about cauliflower pizza crust. I had zero interest in trying it back then. But after successfully making several cauliflower recipes, I wanted to give it a try and now I finally understand what all the fuss was about!
What I love best about this crust is that it has a similar texture to regular pizza crust but it’s keto-friendly and healthier. Yes, it tastes like cauliflower but it’s so close to a traditional pizza you hardly notice.
It also doesn’t take as long as regular dough because you don’t have to wait for it to rise. You don’t need any yeast! So, it’s more like a thin-crust pizza and not one with a puffy crust.
Since we’ve been trying to eat healthier it’s so great to still have pizza but without the guilt. We both loved how this turned out and plan to make it again.
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
You can pretty much top it with any of your favorite pizza toppings. I think it’s good to have a light hand and not overload it with too many because the crust is on the thinner side.
We topped ours with low-fat mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni.
You will need to break down the cauliflower and the easiest way is with a food processor. You want to chop it until it looks like rice.
Once it’s riced, you can cook it in the microwave and then squeeze all of the liquid out. I just use a kitchen towel to do this. The drier your cauliflower it the better your crust will be.
Then you just mix the cooked cauliflower with the other ingredients.
It might seem like a lot of steps but if you consider the time spent making a regular crust, cauliflower crust is a lot faster. I love not having to deal with yeast and kneading. I also love that it’s a keto pizza crust so it’s really low carb.
If you like this recipe you should browse all of my other keto recipes. There are a lot of great ones to try!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- cornmeal or almond flour for dusting
- turkey pepperoni
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and place into food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower becomes the size of small grains of rice.
- Pour cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a paper towel and cook for 2-3 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Pour cooked cauliflower into a cheeseclothl. Wring and squeeze towel to remove water from the cauliflower. The dryer the cauliflower is, the better your crust will turn out.
- Place drained cauliflower into a medium bowl. Add egg, cheese, and herb seasoning. Mix with a large wooden spoon to combine.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Dust the surface of a pizza stone with cornmeal or almond flour. Place pizza dough ball on top, and spread out and flatten to form round, thin crust.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crust turns golden. Remove from oven. Add turkey and pepperoni. Place back in oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Slightly adapted from IFoodReal
- Nutrition estimate is for the crust only.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.