- 1 large crown of broccoli it should yield 3 cups when finely pulsed in a food processor
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings of your choice I added tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and crumbled sausage
Cut broccoli into small florets and place into food processor. Pulse until all of the broccoli becomes crumb-sized.
- Measure out 3 lightly packed cups of broccoli and place into a large, microwave safe mixing bowl. Cover surface of bowl with plastic wrap. Place bowl in the microwave and heat at full power for about 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes. Broccoli should be soft and cooked.
Divide broccoli into three batches. Take your first batch and place in between several paper towels or into a cheese cloth or tea towel. Wring cloth a few times, draining out water from broccoli. You do not need to squeeze the broccoli completely dry, but you do want to remove most of the water. Place dried broccoli back into mixing bowl and repeat with remaining two batches of broccoli. You should be left with 1 1/3 cup of dried broccoli when you're done squeezing out the water.
Add eggs, Italian seasoning, and cheeses to the broccoli. Stir until everything is completely combined, resembling a broccoli paste.
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. I highly recommend using parchment paper as it creates the best non-stick surface. Scoop your broccoli mixture onto parchment paper. Using the palm of your hands, slowly begin to shape your pizza round, flattening broccoli mixture and spreading it out, but also making sure to press and compact the broccoli so that your crust is not loose. Your final circle should be about 8 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
Bake in preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until crust becomes golden around the edges and surface is dry.
Remove crust from oven and top with your pizza toppings. I spread a layer of tomato sauce, then sprinkled on mozzarella cheese, and added some precooked sausage over the cheese. Place pizza back into the preheated oven and bake an additional 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are warmed up.
Nutrition estimates do not include toppings.