- 3 cups raw cauliflower rice
- 1 cup diced cucumbers about ¼ inch squares
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 2 scallions green section only
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add cauliflower rice to a large microwave-safe glass bowl and cook in the microwave by heating at one minute intervals until cauliflower is just cooked (tender but still a little crisp). You can also cook the cauliflower on the stove. Drain and set aside to allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, add cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Add parsley, mint, scallions to a food processor and chop until herbs are finely chopped. You can also chop by hand if you do not have a food processor.
Add in olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste. I recommend starting with about 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Blend until everything is just mixed. Herbs should stay small, but this will allow the flavor of the herbs to infuse into the dressing. Again, this can also be done by hand by whisking the ingredients together. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Add cauliflower to the large bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes. Drizzle sauce into bowl. Mix and toss until everything is evenly coated in dressing. Refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour to allow the ingredients to marinate in the dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad only takes a few minutes to put together but it does need to sit in the fridge to marinate for better flavor, so plan ahead accordingly.
- You can make your own cauliflower rice by grating cauliflower head with a cheese grater. But many grocery stores sell already riced cauliflower. I usually use frozen cauliflower rice (Costco brand and Whole Foods 365) for convenience.