After my successful experience with strawberry mochi cake, I have been wanting to try cherry mochi cake since I love cherries even more than strawberries. I decided to try it out for a potluck I was going to this past weekend.
Cherry Mochi Cake
- 16 oz mochiko rice flour or can substitute for any brand of glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups fresh cherries cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the milk and eggs and stir to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, and vanilla and stir again until combined. Fold in the cherries and pour the batter into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake the cake for approximately 1 hour. Cool the cake until the mochi is set before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.