I recently had a cup of Green Mountain Coffee’s Limited Edition Coconut Island coffee. I loved it. It was intensely coconut without tasting artificial. Images of fluffy coconut cupcakes and tropical beaches floated in my mind. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to make coconut cupcakes or fly to a tropical island. But I did have time to make these chewy coconut cookies which went perfectly with the coconut flavored coffee.
It’s hard to tell from the photo, but K-Cups are quite pretty, with gold lettering to represent the limited edition status.
In addition to sharing my coconut cookie recipe, I’ve also been given an opportunity to give 5 lucky readers some Coconut Island K-Cups, details at the end of this post.
These chewy coconut cookies have coconut extract and shredded coconut, giving them an extra coconut flavor boost. I love tasting the little shreds of coconut inside the cookie.
Now onto the giveaway. Five readers will each receive a 24 pack box of Green Mountain Coffee’s Limited Edition Coconut Island Coffee along with a coupon for 20% a Keurig Brewer. If you’ve been thinking of investing in a brewer or getting one as a gift, this coupon will definitely come in handy. I love my brewer. I don’t just use it for coffee. I use it to heat up water in less than a minute for tea, cup of noodles, etc. I also bought my mom one a gift for Christmas.
To enter, leave a comment at the end of this post, telling me what is your favorite K-Cup flavor. (I’m always looking to try new ones!) Contest ends at 11:59PM PST on Thursday July 18, 2013. Please note, this contest is only open to US residents.
For additional entries:
1. Like this post on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment at the end of this blog post telling me you’ve done so. Make sure it is a separate comment from your first entry so that it is counted separately.
2. Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following message “Win Limited Edition Coconut Island K-Cups @kirbiecravings https://wp.me/p17wwJ-4vs” Then leave a comment at the end of this blog post telling me you’ve done so and provide the link to your tweet. Make sure it is a separate comment from your first entry so that it is counted separately.
Chewy Coconut Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring/extract
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and coconut flavoring. Gradually blend in the flour mixture until dough is formed. Add shredded coconut on low speed until incorporated. Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Press down with palm to flatten dough so that they form round discs. Make sure edges are not cracked. If they get cracked from pressure of pressing down, smooth the round edges with your finger.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set and starting to slightly turn golden brown around the edges. Cookies will initially be puffy, but will flatten once cooled. Let cookies cool before removing from baking sheet.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.