My newest grilled cheese sandwich creation is stuffed with shredded chicken, red enchilada sauce and Monterey Jack cheese.
This one is a little messy because of the sauce, but it is really tasty and worth the little bit of mess. Just make sure you have some napkins on hand!
For the bread, I used a crusty sourdough french bread from Boudin SF.
I’m not quite sure where this idea came from. While we’ve eaten chicken enchiladas countless times, I’ve never made it at home, but I recently developed a serious craving for enchilada sauce. I know enchiladas involve tortillas but I don’t really care for the rolled tortillas- I just like to eat the meat smothered in the sauce, so I decided to stuff that into a sandwich. This satisfied my craving perfectly.
Chicken Enchiladas Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 6 slices of bread I used a sourdough french bread
- 3 tbsp butter spread
- 6 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Mix chicken with enchilada sauce.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each un-buttered side of bread. Add chicken on top of three slices of bread. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form sandwiches. Place frying pan on stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, place sandwiches in the frying pan, cooking the buttered sides until golden and toasty and the cheese is melty.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.