Can you believe it’s March already? Where did February go? Maybe it’s because I spent two weeks engrossed by the Olympics…
Anyhow, with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, it’s time for me to break out the Baileys Irish Cream and other St. Patrick’s Day-inspired flavors. I made a really delicious Baileys Mug Cake a few days ago, and I’ll be sharing that recipe soon, but I also wanted to play around with a chocolate and Baileys pairing.
This cake came out moist and chocolatey. You can definitely taste and smell the Bailey’s. If you have some cappuccino chips, the creamy coffee flavor chips make this mug cake even better.
If you enjoy boozy cakes and chocolate, I think you’ll like this.
Chocolate Baileys Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp granulated white sugar depending on how sweet you want your cake
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Combine all ingredients into an oversized microwave-safe mug. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute. Top of cake should be dry. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating. The cake is best consumed soon after it is cooked otherwise the alcohol flavor fades.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.