St. Patrick’s Day is almost here so it’s time for some boozy recipes. I made a Baileys Irish Cream Mug Cake previously. This time, I thought I’d add some chocolate to it.
You can still taste the alcohol, but it’s a little hard to tell that it’s Irish cream. I wish I had some Irish cream chocolate chips to add some extra oomph. The cake still tastes good though. Like chocolate cake for adults.
I have a few more Baileys’ recipes I want to play around with but first I need to restock. We had a huge bottle in the fridge but apparently someone (DH) has been slowly drinking it down and when I went to make this cake, I barely had enough for one try.
Chocolate Baileys Irish Cream Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons oil
- Mix all ingredients in an oversized mug with a small whisk until batter is smooth. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Check the bottom of cake to see if it's cooked all the way through. If not, microwave for an additional 30 seconds. It's okay if the top remains a little gooey. Careful not to overcook the mug cake.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.