- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix I used Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake
- 1 can premade chocolate frosting
- White chocolate candy melts
- Bittersweet chocolate chopped up
- Make the chocolate cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Let the cake cool for several hours. Once it is cooled, break the cake into smaller pieces and then put it in a food processor to turn the cake into crumbs.
Pour out the cake crumbs into a large mixing bowl. Add frosting and begin mixing. Add enough frosting until the mixture is sticky and can bind together (I used about 3/4 of the can). Shape the cakes into balls.
- Melt the white candy melt in a double boiler. Or if you don't have a double boiler, put a glass bowl on top of a pot with boiling water. Place the chocolate in the glass bowl and stir while the water boils below until the candy melts completely melt and you have a smooth liquid chocolate mixture.
- Dip chocolate balls into the white chocolate and place on parchment paper to let dry.
- While the cake balls are drying, melt some bittersweet chocolate using the same method as above.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag (or you can use a ziploc bag and cut a tiny hole at one end).
Pipe a drizzle on top of each chocolate ball after the white chocolate has completely dried. Serve immediately or store cake balls in an airtight container.