The brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies were a huge hit with my family. It’s definitely something I’m going to make over and over again. They also didn’t last long.
Anyhow, I was thinking I might try a version with brownie chunks rather stuffing a brownie inside. That way the cookies would be normal-sized and would still have brownies. I also changed up the chocolate chip cookie recipe, opting for a chewier recipe so that the cookies would maintain the chewy texture even without a fudgy brownie sandwiched in the middle.
They came out good….but not as great as the brownie stuffed cookies. The little chunks of brownies weren’t as satisfying as biting into a whole fudgy brownie sandwiched into a cookie.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Chunk Cookies
- One box of your favorite brownie mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Make brownies according to box directions. After brownies have cooled, cut into small cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined. Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of dough and push a few chunks of brownies into the dough (I put about four on the surface and one inside) and drop onto baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from tray and let them cool on wire racks.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.