These chicken bites are so crispy and flavored with Parmesan cheese. They are breaded with panko breadcrumbs and baked instead of fried, so they are easier to make and a little healthier. Plus, you only need four ingredients to make them.
These chicken bites are coated in a panko bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mix and baked until crunchy. They are a tasty bite, especially when dipped into a side of marinara sauce. They are great as an appetizer or snack.
I have been obsessed with baking panko breadcrumb coated chicken. I love how crispy the chicken turns out without having to fry it. Inspired by Gimme Some Oven’s Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets, I decided to mix some Parmesan into my panko breading to create these crunchy baked Parmesan chicken bites.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra-large egg
Chicken thighs have more flavor, but if you can substitute boneless skinless chicken breast pieces if you like.
There are several different brands of panko and I really prefer to use Kikkoman brand of panko breadcrumbs. I like the finer texture and find that they also brown more evenly in the oven.
This recipe works best with finely grated Parmesan cheese. I just buy shredded parmesan cheese and pulse it in my food processor.
- Combine the cheese and panko in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg and then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken bites for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Because the panko bread crumbs were mixed with finely ground cheese, the coating didn’t brown quite as evenly as I would have liked, but they still tasted really good. I especially liked how they tasted once dipped in marinara sauce because it reminded me of the classic baked Parmesan chicken dish.
More Recipes to Try
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Bites
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Garlic Parmesan Bacon Knots
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
Crunchy Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (see note)
- 1 cup finely ground Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 1 extra large egg whisked
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add panko and cheese to a large bowl and then mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg and then roll in breadcrumb mixture until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until chicken coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy. Serve with marinara sauce.
- I like chicken thighs for this recipe because they have a lot of flavor, but you can also use chicken breasts if that's what you have on hand.
- I like to use Kikkoman brand panko breadcrumbs because they brown evenly. I shared a photo of the packaging in the blog post.
- I used shredded Parmesan cheese and put it through a food processor until the crumbs were the same size as the panko breadcrumbs.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the marinara dipping sauce.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.