This easy Deep Dish Nutella Skillet Cookie is just five ingredients. It’s perfect for one or two people and can be whipped up in minutes and served with ice cream for a delicious, decadent dessert.
Happy Friday everyone! I think you deserve a treat. And if you think so too, this cookie recipe is calling your name.
I spent several hours in the kitchen trying to make a different Nutella cookie recipe. After 6 failed attempts (I ate them all!), I decided to put aside that recipe for now. And then I happened to see my little skillet that was sitting on the counter still waiting to be put away. And I saw my giant jar of Nutella…
And this was born. A deep dish Nutella cookie. It’s crispy, fudgy, chewy, chocolatey. It’s not quite as thick as some deep dish cookies. I was aiming for 1-2 servings so I didn’t want a super thick cookie. But it’s still very rich and I think it is just the right amount.
It tastes even better with ice cream!
If you’re looking for more Nutella recipes, be sure to check out my Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, too!
Deep Dish Nutella Skillet Cookie
- 1/4 cup Nutella spread
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp whisked egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips you can also do a combination of chocolate chunks and chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Use a small spatula to make sure you scrape out all the Nutella from the measuring cup. Mix together ingredients with a large spatula or large wooden spoon until a smooth dough forms. Stir in 2 tbsp chocolate chips. I did a combination of chips and chunks, so that the cookie would have larger melted chocolate pieces inside.
- Scrape dough into a 6 inch cast iron skillet. Spread dough evenly across the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle remaining chips across top, pressing them slightly into the dough.
- Bake about 10-11 minutes or until cookie is just set. If you like, you can cook slightly longer so cookie is completely cooked, but I like mine to be still slightly gooey for a deep dish cookie and keep in mind the cookie will continue to cook a little in the skillet as it cools.
- Scoop ice cream over cookie and serve while cookie is still warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.