These soft and gooey cookies are made with chocolate cake mix, but you’d never guess. They are simple to make with just one bowl and a few ingredients. I like to serve these chocolate cake mix cookies warm while the chocolate chips are still melty.
I had some friends visiting this weekend and wanted to whip up a quick dessert. I didn’t have much time since we had just come back from dinner. Since my friends have quite a sweet tooth, I opted to make some double chocolate cake mix cookies.
Using cake mix is one of my favorite ways to make quick desserts. The dry ingredients are already mixed and you add a few more things to make something that, most of the time, people can’t even tell came from a box. I’ve used it to make red velvet cookies and funfetti brownies, too.
I really loved how these chocolate cake mix cookies came out. Chocolatey, soft, and gooey. These cookies are a great dessert to whip up when you are in a time crunch.
Cake Mix Tips
- Most cake mix brands will work for this recipe. However, I recommend choosing one that has pudding mix added to it as it will make these cookies more moist and gooey.
- There are many chocolate cake mix flavors out there and you can choose your favorite. I’ve made these using dark chocolate, milk chocolate and devil’s food cake mix.
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- All you need is one bowl to combine the cake mix, chocolate chips, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Then you just form the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for six to eight minutes. I like to cool them for a few minutes and serve them warm.
More Easy Chocolate Cookies
- Flourless chocolate almond butter cookies are made with almond flour, golden brown sugar and lots of chocolate chips.
- Chewy Nutella cookies are so easy to make and made with one of my favorite chocolate spreads.
- Peanut butter cup cookies are perfect for anyone who loves peanut butter cups.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix (see note)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- halfway in-between 1/3 and 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together in a large bowl the cake mix, eggs and oil, using large mixing spoon, until dough is well combined. After the dough has come together, stir in chocolate chips.
- Take chunks of cookie dough, rolling between your palms to make 1-inch round balls. Place cookies on sheet, about one inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.