Most of the baked goods I make are made from scratch, but I’ve never fully transitioned out of baking brownies from a mix. I find the from scratch recipes to be a little complicated and often the brownies don’t have that chewy texture that the box mix ones produce every time.
I came across a recipe that promised to be super easy, leaving no excuse to bake from a mix. It also promised me chewy and fudgy brownies. So of course I had to try it.
The recipe is pretty easy to follow. Not as easy as using the mix, but still fairly simple. And the results were just as promised. The brownies were both super super fudgy and still chewy, like box mix brownies! My one issue was that the outer crackly skin was so delicate that it pretty much crumbled upon touch and didn’t taste as good as the crackly skin on the box mix brownies.
This was still good enough to be a keeper recipe. I really love the fudgy interior, which is fudgier than the brownie mix ones. Yum. You can view the full recipe here.
Easy Fudgy and Chewy Brownies
- 5 oz unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp espresso coffee
- 7 oz dark chocolate melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Cut a piece large enough to hang over the edges so you can use it as handles to remove the brownies in one piece from the pan.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and coffee and mix until well combined. Add the melted chocolate and stir until just combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the brownies for about five minutes in the pan before transferring them to a baking rack to cool completely.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.