With the Lunar New Year right around the corner, I’ve been cooking more Chinese food.
Out of all the Chinese dishes out there, egg drop soup is probably the easiest one to make.
It’s basically just beaten eggs and chicken stock. You can add cornstarch to thicken it and some scallions for garnish. In just about 10 minutes, you can have a nice pot of homemade soup.
Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- chopped scallions for garnish
- salt black and white pepper to taste
- Bring chicken stock to boil in a saucepan. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Slowly pour into boiling broth until soup thickens.
- Slowly drizzle beaten eggs into boiling broth, a little at a time. When finished adding in eggs, use a spoon to swirl eggs around in pot until they are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped scallions right before serving.
- Nutrition estimate does not include the salt, pepper, or scallions.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.