This easy chocolate cake doesn’t contain eggs or butter and is so easy to make. Everything is mixed in one bowl. The cake comes out very moist and chocolatey and can be made with just pantry staples.
I’m always looking for ways to simplify recipes. I love how easy it is to make this chocolate cake and I especially love that I don’t need eggs or butter to make it. It still comes out incredibly moist and chocolatey. I didn’t miss the eggs, butter (and extra calories) at all.
This cake has the same texture as regular chocolate cake. It’s also sturdy enough that you can use it to make a layered cake.
How to Make Eggless Chocolate Cake
- All the dry ingredients are first whisked together into a large bowl.
- Then you add in the wet ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the finished batter into your prepared cake pan and it’s ready to go in the oven. It should only take about 10 minutes to prepare.
For the frosting, I did a simple chocolate ganache, which made the cake taste even more chocolatey and fudgy.
You can also top the cake with chocolate icing, chocolate glaze or dust the cake with powdered sugar.
More Eggless Cake Recipes
- Crazy Chocolate Cake (No Eggs, Butter or Mixing Bowl)
- Snickerdoodle Crazy Cake (No Eggs, Butter or Milk)
- 2 Ingredient Cake Mix Cakes
- Peanut Butter Bread (No Eggs, Oil or Butter)
- Double Chocolate Muffins (No Eggs, Oil or Butter)
- Eggless Pumpkin Cake
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake (No Eggs and No Butter)
Easy Chocolate Cake (No Eggs or Butter)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 3/4 cup water
Chocolate ganache (optional)
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Add in oil, milk and water. Whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and top of cake bounces back when you apply light pressure. Let cake cool completely before frosting and cutting.
- To make chocolate ganache: Add chopped chocolate to a medium bowl. Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove. Pour heated heavy cream over chopped chocolate and immediately start to mix until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Let chocolate ganache cool at room temperature or in the fridge until it becomes firm enough for frosting the cake.
- Adapted from Easy as Apple Pie
- You can substitute milk with water, but your cake will be less rich than if using milk.
- You can also replace low fat milk with soy milk.
- Estimated nutrition does not include frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.