This pumpkin cake is so fluffy and moist. It’s eggless and dairy-free and can be made with pantry ingredients. It’s also a very easy, one-bowl recipe. You don’t need a mixer to make this cake!
I am so in love with this pumpkin cake. It’s so soft and fluffy. I didn’t miss the eggs or dairy at all. This may be the only type of cake I make from now on and I’ll save my eggs for something else.
The texture of this cake is very similar to a standard cake. I don’t think you will be able to tell that it doesn’t contain eggs.
The cake is fluffy, but the crumb isn’t too loose. You can serve it as sheet cake or use it for making a layered cake.
Usually I would whip up a cream cheese frosting to go with pumpkin cake but since the cake is dairy-free, it didn’t seem right to pair with a frosting that does require dairy. To keep things very simple and dairy free, I did a simple icing for this cake using just icing sugar and water. Other frosting ideas:
- If you don’t need the cake to be dairy-free, then a cream cheese frosting would go great with this cake.
- If you are looking for a lighter frosting, a whipped cream frosting also pairs well with this cake.
- Another very simple topping would be to sprinkle the cake with cinnamon and sugar.
- Chocolate ganache also would work.
- Or a dairy-free chocolate frosting.
All my frosting recipes are linked in the notes of the recipe card.
More Easy Eggless Cakes
Pumpkin Cake (No Eggs, Butter or Milk)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup oil canola, vegetable or olive
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp vinegar white or apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water can also use milk or milk substitute
- splash of vanilla optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Add in pumpkin, oil, vanilla, vinegar, and water. Whisk until batter is smooth and evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling, add powdered sugar to a medium bowl. Add water in a little at a time, stirring after each addition, until icing reaches desired consistency. Spread icing over cake before serving.
- You can bake this cake in a 9 x 9 inch pan but your cake will be a little thinner and will likely need less baking time.
- Since the cake is made with pantry staples and is dairy-free, I chose to serve the cake with a very simple icing. However, there are many other frostings you can use with this cake.
- You can find my cream cheese frosting here (I recommend doubling it and don't add any milk to thin it out).
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Chocolate Frosting (Dairy Free)
- Whipped Cream Frosting
- Estimated nutrition is for the cake without frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.