This super easy banana quick bread doesn’t contain any flour, butter or oil. It’s an easy recipe where all the ingredients can be mixed in a blender. It tastes as comforting as traditional banana bread.
I’ve baked about half a dozen loaves of banana bread these last two months. With flour still being difficult to find, I wanted to share a banana bread recipe that doesn’t use any flour so that people can still bake this comfort food. This version is also a lot healthier than traditional banana bread.
The main flour substitute in this recipe is oats. The oats are finely ground down in the blender, so that it becomes oat flour which is a great substitute for wheat flour.
The recipe also uses almond butter which helps the quick bread rise and have a fluffier texture since using just oats would make the quick bread a little dense. If you don’t have almond butter you can also substitute with peanut butter.
How to Make Flourless Banana Bread
- All the ingredients are added to the blender except the chocolate chips. They are then blended together until the batter is almost completely smooth. It’s okay to have a little texture from the oats, but you do want them finely ground.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined loaf pan and stir in the chocolate chips. Then it’s ready to bake!
More Bread Recipes
Flourless Banana Bread
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients into the blender except the chocolate chips, in the order they are listed in the recipe. Blend at high speed until batter is almost completely smooth. It is okay if there is some slight texture from the oats, but the oats should be finely ground and no longer in chunks.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let bread cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Slightly adapted from Running With Spoons
- Make sure to add the ingredients in the blender in the order listed. You want some of the wet ingredients at the bottom, which will make everything easier to blend together.
- For best results, use overripe bananas.
- If you don't have almond butter, you can also use peanut butter. I recommend using unsalted and unsweetened. If you do use sweetened/salted, you should adjust the sugar and salt in the ingredients.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.