Flourless Chocolate Pumpkin Bread (Paleo)
This flourless chocolate pumpkin bread is paleo, gluten free, and wheat free. The batter comes together easily in a blender and then it’s ready to go in the oven.
After making a paleo banana bread, I’ve been wanting to make a paleo chocolate pumpkin bread. I tinkered with this recipe quite a bit and baked half a dozen versions before producing this one. But THIS is the one.
You can taste the chocolate and the pumpkin. The bread is super moist, holds together well, and is not overly sweet.
If you allow the bread to cool, the pumpkin flavor becomes more intense. I couldn’t wait to slice it up though because I wanted to capture the bread while the chocolate chips were still melty.
I was aiming for something sweet but not quite dessert for this bread. If you’re looking for a more indulgent and cake-like flourless pumpkin bread recipe, you can also check out my flourless pumpkin bread or flourless Nutella pumpkin bread.
Looking for more chocolate and pumpkin recipes? You might like my Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies or browse all of my Pumpkin Recipes for more inspiration.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey to keep this paleo, use raw, unprocessed honey
- 1 1/2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder to keep this paleo mix together 1 tsp baking soda with 2 tsp cream of tartar instead of using commercial baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips use mini paleo semi sweet chocolate chips to keep it completely paleo, divided
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8 inch by 4 inch baking loaf pan (or line it with parchment paper).
Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a blender. Blend until everything is evenly mixed and becomes a smooth batter. Stir in 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Pour batter into loaf pan. Rap the bottom of the pan a few times against kitchen counter to allow the batter settle and evenly distribute. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips across surface of batter.
Place bread loaf into the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until bread is cooked. A knife inserted should come out clean (with the exception of any melted chocolate you may have sliced into). Allow bread to fully cool before slicing.
- Like many other fruit quick breads, the pumpkin flavor will become more intense the longer you allow the bread to cool.
- This bread is not super sweet and it does rely on the chocolate chips for some of its sweetness so I don't recommend you leaving them out.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Flourless Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2.7g17%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
Vitamin A 700IU14%
Vitamin C 1.7mg2%
Net Carbs 19g38%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.