Flourless and eggless? Yes it can be done! I’ve made flourless peanut butter cookies and really liked them. The recipe is super quick to put together and it’s gluten free. I was looking at the recipe again recently and wondered whether I could make it even healthier by eliminating the egg.
I went to my new favorite baking substitute, nonfat Greek strained yogurt. I mixed it all together and hoped for the best. And was happy with the results. The cookies spread more but they are still delicious.
I also used reduced fat peanut butter to make it even healthier. And these cookies are great for people with a gluten intolerance and who are allergic to eggs. For another eggless and flourless cookie recipe be sure to check out my Banana Peanut Butter Cookies, too!
You might like my easy eggless chocolate chip cookies, too!
Flourless Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup nonfat Fage Greek strained yogurt
- 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix everything except chocolate chips in medium bowl until smooth with a large wooden spoon. Stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be very sticky and wet.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop generous 1 tablespoon dough and place onto cookie sheet, space about 2 inches apart. Using moistened hands, shape dough so that dough are round circles.
- Bake cookies until golden about 10 minutes. Leave cookies on sheet to cool and set before removing from baking sheets.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.