This flourless, gluten-free, one bowl, keto bread recipe is perfect for making sandwiches and toast. The batter comes together in minutes, for an easy stress-free bread-making experience.
We just came back from a quick getaway in New York. We spent most of the time eating our way through the city and our diet was basically all carbs and meat. If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen the highlights. Now that it’s back to reality, I’m trying my best to get vegetables, fruit and other healthier foods back into our diet.
Since we were on vacation we were out of bread, so I whipped up this keto sandwich bread. I had made smaller flourless peanut butter bread loaves before, but this time I wanted to make a bigger loaf of bread for Mr. K’s sandwiches and for my avocado toast.
Even in my sleep-deprived state, I was able to make this keto bread without incident. It’s a great quick solution if you’re looking for a low-carb bread that’s easy to make. Plus, it’s packed with protein.
- Smooth peanut butter
- Baking soda
- Granular sugar substitute
Peanut butter gives this low-carb bread a lot of protein and the bread is not very sweet at all making it a great sandwich bread. It has the texture of and tastes a lot like regular whole wheat bread.
How to Make Keto Bread
Since this bread doesn’t have yeast you don’t have to spend time kneading it and letting it rise. It’s made the same way you make a lot of other quick breads with just one bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- I baked my bread in a 8.5 x 4.5” loaf pan, but a 9 x 5” loaf pan will work, too. Grease the pan and then pour the batter into it.
Bake the bread at 350°F for about 45 minutes. You know the bread is done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Also, the top of the bread will bounce back when you press it with your finger.
Cool the bread completely before slicing. Keep the leftover bread in the refrigerator.
This bread is so easy to make and I bet you already have the ingredients in your pantry. Here’s a video showing how to make the mini loaves, which is the same process you follow to make this bigger loaf.
Keto Sandwich Bread
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter no sugar added
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp erythritol sweetener granular
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan (a 9 x 5-inch pan also works).
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Whisk together until batter is smooth and all ingredients are completely mixed together. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until surface of bread bounces back when you press a finger on it, and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let bread cool before slicing and serving. Store uneaten bread in fridge.
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.