This easy microwave flourless pumpkin mug cake is keto, low carb and gluten free. It cooks in just two minutes!
I have been playing around with keto desserts in preparation for my holiday menus. This pumpkin mug cake is wonderfully fluffy and light and tastes of pumpkin spice.
Sugar Free Maple Syrup Ingredient
This was my first time using a keto-friendly sugar free sweetener. I used a maple flavored sugar free syrup to complement the other fall flavors in this mug cake. I purchased Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup online.* (This is an affiliate link. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred, at no extra charge to you).
The ingredient list of this cake may look daunting, but most of them are Fall spices. I definitely recommend using all four as they each provide a different flavor to the cake.
How to choose a Mug
This cake will rise quite high during cooking before sinking back down. You will need a mug that holds at least 16 oz of liquid. You can replate the cake in a smaller mug after it is cooked for presentation.
You can garnish this cake with fresh whipped cream, more syrup, chocolate sauce, etc. I drizzled mine with sugar free caramel sauce.
Flourless Pumpkin Mug Cake (Keto, Low Carb)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tbsp oil see notes
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Add all ingredients into an oversized (16 oz) microwave-safe mug. Whisk with a small whisk until batter is smooth.
- Microwave at full power for approximately 2 minutes. Drizzle with syrup, whipped cream, caramel sauce, or whatever other topping you prefer.
- You can use canola oil, vegetable oil, olive oil. If you are trying to make it keto, or have other dietary restrictions, please use an oil that is permitted in the diet you are following.
- I purchased Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup online.*
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.