Most of the persimmon recipes I’ve found involve using persimmon pulp. On the Food Librarian site, I found a recipe for Fuyu persimmon bundt cake, which calls for the use of hard persimmons.
The recipe calls for three cups of persimmons, so if you have a lot of fuyu persimmons, this is a great way to use some up. The taste had a bit too much spice for my personal taste, but other people really enjoyed the cake.
Here is the recipe with some modifications:
3 cups of chopped firm Fuyu persimmons
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
1. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Blend 2 tsp. baking soda into 3 cups of chopped firm Fuyus. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup soft butter with 1 2/3 cups sugar. Add 2 eggs, and 2 tsp. vanilla and beat until fluffy. Stir in Fuyu mix.
4. Sift together 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. ground
cloves, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Stir flour into Fuyu mixture just
until blended. Add 1 cup chopped walnuts and 3/4 cup raisins.
5. Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 55 – 60 minutes or until
toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto rack.
Fuyu Persimmon Cake
- 3 cups chopped firm Fuyu persimmons
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped persimmons with the baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Stir in Fuyu mix.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ground clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir flour into Fuyu mixture just until blended. Add the walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto rack.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.