This persimmon cake is made with chopped fuyu persimmons which give the cake a nice texture and flavor. This is an easy cake to make during the fall when persimmons are in season.
Most of the persimmon recipes I’ve found involve using persimmon pulp. On the Food Librarian site, I found a recipe for Fuyu persimmon bundt cake, which calls for the use of hard persimmons.
The recipe calls for three cups of persimmons, so if you have a lot of fuyu persimmons, this is a great way to use some up. The taste had a bit too much spice for my personal taste, but other people really enjoyed the cake.
I like baking with persimmons and use them to make cakes, breads, and cookies when they are in season. If you want to learn more about persimmons be sure to check out my persimmon cookies post.
- Chopped firm Fuyu persimmons
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Ground cloves
- Chopped walnuts
Combine the chopped persimmons with the baking soda.
Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in the egg and vanilla and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy.
Stir in the persimmons.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and all of the spices. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Mix in the nuts and raisins.
Transfer the batter to a prepared bundt pan and bake the cake for about an hour at 350°F. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a baking rack.
We enjoyed this cake even though it had more spice than I like. It’s a nice alternative to other persimmon recipes which are usually made with a puree.
More Fall Cake Recipes
- 4-Ingredient Apple Cake
- Pumpkin Cake (Eggless and Dairy-Free)
- Sweet Potato Cake
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Fuyu Persimmon Cake
- 3 cups chopped firm Fuyu persimmons
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped persimmons with the baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Stir in Fuyu mix.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ground clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir flour into Fuyu mixture just until blended. Add the walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto rack.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.