Fuyu Persimmon Cake
Most of the persimmon recipes I’ve found involve using persimmon pulp. On the Food Librarian site, I found a recipe for Fuyu persimmon bundt cake, which calls for the use of hard persimmons.
The recipe calls for three cups of persimmons, so if you have a lot of fuyu persimmons, this is a great way to use some up. The taste had a bit too much spice for my personal taste, but other people really enjoyed the cake.
Here is the recipe with some modifications:
3 cups of chopped firm Fuyu persimmons
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
1. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Blend 2 tsp. baking soda into 3 cups of chopped firm Fuyus. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup soft butter with 1 2/3 cups sugar. Add 2 eggs, and 2 tsp. vanilla and beat until fluffy. Stir in Fuyu mix.
4. Sift together 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. ground
cloves, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Stir flour into Fuyu mixture just
until blended. Add 1 cup chopped walnuts and 3/4 cup raisins.
5. Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 55 – 60 minutes or until
toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto rack.
- 3 cups chopped firm Fuyu persimmons
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
In a bowl, combine the chopped persimmons with the baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Stir in Fuyu mix.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ground clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir flour into Fuyu mixture just until blended. Add the walnuts and raisins.
Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto rack.