These grilled cheese sandwiches are filled with burrito ingredients: cheese, carne asada, guacamole, and French fries.
We’ve been eating a lot of burritos lately. We’ve had quite a few friends visiting from out of town, and I love introducing them to the California burrito, which is distinctly San Diegan. It’s basically a carne asada burrito with all the works, plus it adds French fries. French fries make everything better.
So for my next grilled cheese creation, I was inspired by the ingredients that go into a California burrito, but stuffed into a grilled cheese sandwich. This was a bit messy from the guacamole, but seriously yummy.
Grilled Cheese Burritos Sandwich
- 6 slices of bread I used ciabatta
- 3 tbsp butter spread
- 6 slices of white cheddar cheese or gouda
- 1 cup cooked carne asada steak cut into small strips
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 1 cup cooked French fries
- 1. Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- 2. Place a slice of cheese on top of each un-buttered side of bread. Add carne asada, french fries and guacamole on top of three slices of bread. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form sandwiches. Place frying pan on stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, place sandwiches in the frying pan, cooking the buttered sides until golden and toasty and the center of the sandwiches are melty.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.