This single serving mug cake is a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy or to serve for dessert at a Halloween party.
Happy Halloween everyone! I am excited to pass out candy later this evening and see all the cute costumes. I saw these children-sized mugs at Sur la Table and just had to get them. I knew exactly what to use them for! My Leftover Halloween Candy Mug cake.
I use plain chocolate bars as the base of the cake and then add more chopped candy into the cake. You can choose whatever candy you want, though I try to stick to chocolate coated candy bars. It’s a fun and easy way to get rid of some of your leftover Halloween candy or to make for a Halloween party.
The cake fits exactly into a small mug, though I don’t actually recommend making them in a tiny mug as it’s really hard to mix the batter and it may overflow while cooking. I cooked this is a larger mug and then plated it in the smaller Jack-O-Lantern mug.
If you like this recipe, you might like my Halloween Cupcakes, too.
Halloween Candy Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup chopped plain chocolate bars (see note)
- 3 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp chopped candy of your choice (see note)
- In a large, microwave-safe mug, add 1/4 cup chocolate and 3 tbsp of milk. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir with a mini whisk to completely melt chocolate into the milk. If chocolate is not completely melted, heat an additional 10 seconds and whisk again.
- Add in oil, flour, baking powder. Whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in chopped candy. Cook for approximately 1 minute in the microwave. Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating. If desired, you can plate in a smaller mug before serving
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate bars work for this recipe.
- I recommend sticking to chocolate-based candy bars.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.