After gorging on delicious and very rich foods in Europe, it’s definitely back to eating healthy…at least for a few days.
I’ve been wanting to make a version of honey sesame chicken, and instead of doing the deep fried version, I made a healthy version that’s only 350 calories per serving.
This recipe takes only about 20 minutes to put together, making it perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
Healthier Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs cut into bit sized cubes
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
for the sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- Cook chicken in wok and stir-fry until chicken is completely cooked.
- In a small saucepan, add all the sauce ingredients except cornstarch and water. Turn heat to medium and mix all ingredients, stirring and bringing to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch and water and stir until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Pour into sauce and stir, bringing to a low boil. Cook until sauce thickens. Add chicken into the saucepan and fully coat the chicken in sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve over rice.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.