2 Ingredient Chocolate Crunch Bars are a homemade candy recipe that tastes like the classic candy bar. Crunch bars make great gifts and are so easy to make.
I love making homemade candy recipes and these chocolate crunch bars are one of the easiest. You only need 2 ingredients!
I think they taste even better than Nestle Crunch Bars because there are so few ingredients. Just chocolate and rice cereal. Plus, you can make them in any shape that you like.
Mr. K really liked these. He ate nearly the whole batch by himself and liked these homemade crunch bars even better than the Nestle version which is his favorite candy bar.
Chocolate chips – you can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe. I used chips but you can use chopped chocolate, too.
Rice Krispies – this is what gives the candy the crunch. I like Rice Krispies, but you can any crispy rice cereal or puffed rice cereal that you like.
How to Make Them in Three Steps
Melt: Place the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Warm them in 30-second intervals and stir between each one until the chocolate is smooth.
Mix: Add the cereal to the melted chocolate and stir well to combine. Fill the molds with the chocolate mixture.
Chill: Place the candy mold in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set.
How to Store Chocolate Crunch Bars
Refrigerator: It’s best to keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep at room temperature, but the chocolate will soften if it’s warm. They’ll keep for up to two weeks in the fridge.
Freezer: You can also freeze them for several months in a freezer bag or container.
Tips for Gifting
If you want to give your homemade crunch bars as a gift, here are a few tips:
- Package them in an airtight container.
- To keep them from sticking together, separate the layers with parchment paper or wax paper.
- I like to add a tag with the date they were made, storage instructions, and how long they will keep.
Whenever I try a new candy recipe, I’m always surprised at how easy they are to make. These chocolate crunch bars are definitely the easiest! I’ll be making them again and can’t wait to give them as gifts.
More Easy Candy Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Butterfingers
- 5 Minute Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Nutella Chocolate Cups
- Fruit Snacks
- Matcha Chocolates
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Cups
Homemade Chocolate Crunch Bars
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rice krispies
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, or in microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring after each heat until chocolate is completely melted).
- Stir in rice krispies. Pour into chocolate molds. Make sure to rap the bottom of the mold onto hard surface several times. This will settle the chocolate surface and also eliminate air holes in the chocolate. Place in fridge about 1 hr until chocolate is hard again.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.