These iced tea mojitos combine brewed tea and mojito cocktails into one refreshing, thirst quenching summer beverage. As an added bonus, you’re consuming all the health benefits found in green tea, mint and lime juice.
Sometimes I have these moments where I think in my head “you know you’re a food blogger when….” As I was preparing these fun cocktails, I had such a moment because it was still pretty early in the day. Yes, you know you’re a food blogger when you’re making cocktails at ten in the morning and no one around you is concerned.
Confession. I’ve never been a huge fan of classic mojitos. I’m not much of a mint person and I find mojitos to be too minty for me. But a few years ago, I tried a green tea mojito and I loved it. The green tea really quenched my thirst and it cut into the mint flavor. If you don’t like the taste of green tea, you can always replace with a different kind of tea. I chose green tea because of all the antioxidants and the pale color matches well with the other main ingredients.
These are so easy to make and are perfect for a hot summer day. You can make them for a party or for just a relaxing drink for yourself.
Iced Green Tea Mojitos
- 1/2 glass of ice
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup of freshly brewed green tea cooled to room temperature
- 1 oz white or light rum
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar or more to taste
- 1 handful of raspberries optional
- Fill a tall glass halfway with ice. Add in mint leaves and using a cocktail stirrer, muddle the mint leaves slightly until the flavors are released. Add in lime juice. Add in tea, rum and sugar. Stir until mixed and sugar is dissolved. Add in fresh berries if desired. Serve chilled.
- Nutrition estimate does not include the berries.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.