Keto Blueberry Mug Cake
A light and fluffy blueberry cake that is also low carb and keto-friendly. This easy cake cooks in the microwave and is ready in about 5 minutes.
This blueberry-studded mug cake is perfect for summer. It starts with a light and fluffy vanilla cake and is mixed with fresh blueberries. You can also use other berries like strawberries or blackberries.
Unlike my Low Carb Snickerdoodle Mug Cake, this cake uses coconut flour. Normally, I like using almond flour in my baked goods. However, coconut flour is needed for this recipe because coconut flour is highly absorbent, resulting in a thicker batter. If you try to add blueberries to an almond flour batter, the berries will fall right to the bottom.
Mug Cake Tips
- Make sure to carefully measure out the coconut flour. Coconut flour is highly absorbent so adding even a little too much can make the batter dry.
- This cake rises quite high while it cooks and then will sink back down. I like to cook mine in an oversized mug and then plate it in a smaller mug.
- The cake is best consumed soon after it is cooked.
- You can top the cake with powdered swerve.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp heavy cream see note for substitutes
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp erythritol sweetener granular
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6-8 fresh blueberries
In a microwave-safe oversized mug, add all ingredients except blueberries.
Mix with a small whisk until batter is evenly mixed. Gently place blueberries on top.
Cook cake in the microwave at full power for about 1 minute and 40 seconds. Allow the cake to cool a few minutes before eating.
- I use an 1100 watt microwave. You may need to adjust time and/or power if you are using a different wattage.
- The cake works best with heavy cream but if you don't have heavy cream, you can use coconut cream or whole milk. Your cake won't be as rich and fluffy using regular milk but it will still work.
- I used So Nourished Erythritol Sweetener Granular.*
- Erythritol sweetener granular can be substitued with swerve granular or similar granular sweeteners.
- This cake rises quite high while it cooks and then will sink back down. I cooked mine in a 16 oz mug and then plated it in an 8 oz mug.
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Keto Blueberry Mug Cake
Amount Per Serving (1 cake)
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30g 46%
Saturated Fat 18g 90%
Cholesterol 283mg 94%
Sodium 124mg 5%
Potassium 205mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 10g 20%
Vitamin A 22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.