This coconut flavored cake is moist and fluffy. It is an easy low carb, keto-friendly cake that cooks in the microwave in less than 2 minutes.
This cake makes an easy snack or dessert when you’re craving something sweet. I love how light, fluffy and moist the cake is.
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Erythritol granular
- Shredded Coconut
How to Make A Keto Coconut Mug Cake
- All the ingredients except the shredded coconut are whisked together until smooth. Then, the shredded coconut is stirred in.
- The cake is cooked for about 1 minute and 30 seconds in the microwave or until fully cooked.
- I recommend topping the cake with coconut whipped cream or regular whipped cream before serving.
Tips for Cooking this Mug Cake
- This mug cake is meant to be a single serving, so it will just fill an 8 oz mug. However, it does rise quite high when it cooks, so it should be cooked in an oversized mug.
- If you want a nice presentation, cook it in the larger mug and then replate it in an 8 oz mug.
- You can replace erythritol with Swerve or another similar low carb granular sweetener.
- You do not need to grease the mug. The cake will pull away from the sides when it is finished cooking.
More Easy Keto Mug Cakes
Keto Coconut Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp granular erythritol
- 2 tbsp milk can use coconut, almond or regular
- 1/2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a large microwave-safe mug, add all ingredients except shredded coconut. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth and egg has been completely beaten in.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of shredded coconut.
- Cook cake in microwave at full power for about 1 minute 30 seconds or until cake is fully cooked. Cake will initially rise very high before sinking back down when it stops cooking.
- Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating. If you want a nicer presentation, you can remove the cake from the large mug and place it into an 8 oz mug. Top with whipped cream or coconut whipped cream before serving.
- The cake can be topped with regular whipped cream sweetened with erythritol or coconut whipped cream (replace the powdered sugar with powdered erythritol)
- I used So Nourished erythritol sweetener granular* in the cake.
- I used Bob Red Mill's coconut flour.*
- I cooked my cake in an 1100 watt microwave. You may need to adjust time and/or power if you are using a different wattage.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- The estimated nutrition carbohydrates count excludes sugar alcohols. The net carbs excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.