After creating a low fat version of my peanut butter mug cake, I attempted to do it again with the strawberry mug cake.
I played around with a few versions before finding one that worked. I don’t think this low fat version worked as smoothly as the transition from regular peanut butter mug cake to low fat peanut butter mug cake. You can tell it’s a low fat version of the original and the cake texture does suffer some of its fluffiness, but it does work if you are looking for a healthier treat.
I bought a big box of juicy red strawberries this weekend. Perfect for making these mug cakes.
According to this recipe calorie counter, I cut 237 calories and 28 grams of fat from the full recipe. If you divide the recipe into two servings, which is what I usually do, you cut even more calories and fat. Some readers left me comments on my reduced fat peanut butter mug cake for other ideas to cut calories and fat. I’ll have to play around with those variations too.
Here is the rest of my mug cake series
- Low Fat Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Flourless Nutella Mug Cake
- Pure Nutella Mug Cake
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Nutella brownie mug cake
- Biscoff mug cake
- Strawberry mug cake
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Brownie mug cake
- Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake
- Blueberry mug cake
- Chocolate mug cake
- Chocolate caramel mug cake
- Peanut butter chocolate mug cake
Light Strawberry Mug Cake
- 5 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp nonfat milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 strawberries each cut into 4-5 pieces each
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries into a microwave-safe mug. Stir with a small whisk or fork until batter is smooth. Pour half of the batter into another mug. Carefully drop strawberry pieces on top.
- Microwave one mug for 1 min 30 seconds. If cake is not done, microwave for an additional 30 seconds, but it should be done around 1 1/2 minutes. The best way to check if it is done is to check the middle of the cake. Careful not to overcook the cake or the texture becomes too rubbery. Repeat with remaining mug. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.