Loaded Breakfast Totchos
Loaded Breakfast Totchos are tater tots topped with breakfast favorites like bacon, sausage, fried eggs, melted cheese, avocados or whatever else you’d like. It’s great for breakfast or brunch and makes enough to feed a large group.
I have been wanting to make these for months but we just haven’t had a free lazy weekend morning. Finally, I had a chance to make it this weekend.
I added chicken apple sausage, turkey breakfast sausage, bacon, cheese curds, shredded mozzarella cheese, avocados, fried quail eggs and scallions. I only wish I had some bell peppers to add a little more color and vegetables, but I’m still really happy with how this turned out.
This is easy to prep and feeds a large group. It’s perfect for a weekend brunch with friends and family, especially with the holidays coming up.
Loaded Breakfast Totchos (Tater Tots)
- 2 lb bag of frozen tater tots
- 5 large precooked sausage links, cut into bite-sized slices (I chose chicken apple sausages)
- 10 small frozen cooked breakfast turkey sausages, cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 cup fresh cheese curds (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices of barely cooked bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 fresh quail eggs (you can use regular eggs as well)
- 4 green scallions, sliced into small rings
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add tater tots to baking sheet. Scatter frozen sausages across. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until tater tots are crunchy.
- Add remaining sausage, bacon, cheese curds, avocado and mozzarella cheese. Place back into oven and cook an additional 5-10 minutes until everything is hot and cheese is melted.
- While the tots are in the oven, fry your eggs on the stovetop. When tots are ready, top with eggs. Scatter scallions. Serve.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!