You only need four ingredients and one bowl to make these Nutella cupcakes. They’re topped with chopped dark chocolate and bake up in about ten minutes!
Four ingredients, one bowl, no mixer. It doesn’t get much easier than these Nutella cupcakes. This is BF’s new favorite dessert and he has been hoarding them to himself. Luckily, they are so easy to whip up we can make a batch whenever we get a craving.
Because Nutella spread already contains several ingredients you would normally need to make a cake, you only need two other ingredients for the batter. Add some chopped chocolate for decoration and you get cute mini Nutella cakes that are made with a total of four ingredients.
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl (no mixer required!) and then pour the batter into a prepared muffin pan. Top the cupcakes with the chopped chocolate and bake them for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
Tips for Making Nutella Cupcakes
- Be careful not to overmix the batter. Once you add the flour stir just until it’s incorporated. This will ensure your Nutella cupcakes have a tender crumb.
- Don’t skip the chopped chocolate on top! I love how the chocolate looks sprinkled over the top, but it also gives the cupcakes a more intense flavor. As the cupcakes bake, most of the chocolate stays on top, but some will sink into the cupcake giving it a rich and fudgy texture when you bite into it.
- Keep an eye on the cupcakes as they bake because all ovens are different, so the bake time may vary. I recommend checking on them a couple of minutes before the 10 minutes. As soon as they look baked and an inserted toothpick comes out clean take them out the oven so they don’t overbake.
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- 1 large egg
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or grease mini cupcake/muffin pan.
- Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
- Bake about 10 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.